Monday, February 2, 2009

A Long Year


A Long Year
 
‘Self Evidence: Identity in Contemporary Art’
Decordova Museum, Lincoln MA, Feb. – May 2004

Wall text:
 On September 29th, 2000, I went for my annual physical. My doctor told me I was in great shape. His words to me as I left his office were:
“Whatever it is you’re doing, keep it up!”
 A month later I was diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer. My treatment consisted of six months of weekly chemotherapy, followed by surgery.
 After cancer, one lives with the hope that the disease has left the body.
One learns to accept that it doesn’t leave the mind.




DVD projection with sound: 15 min 47 sec.

A Long Year from Karl Baden on Vimeo.




Artists schematic rendering of installation




Installation view



A Long Year: A Video Installation by Karl Baden
Revisit the Mirror: Self-Portrait Through Time
Palo Alto Art Center, Palo Alto CA
September 26 - December 23, 2004

and

A Long Year: A Video Installation by Karl Baden

Light Work Visual Studies, Syracuse NY
June 27–August 12, 2005




Installation View: Gallery entrance.




Installation view: inside gallery


Exhibition press release.



1 comment: